- Location / Southampton, England
- Venue / Gaumont Theatre
The first show by the band in this city located on the South Coast of England.
The first time at this venue.
Another show on the On Through The Night UK and World tour with Magnum and local/young acts in support.
The venue was located in the city centre and near the main train station.
It was opened in December 1928 as The Empire Theatre.
From 1950 to 1986 it was named as Gaumont Theatre before the name changed to The Mayflower/Mayflower Theatre.
The band would return here in September 1987 on the first UK 'Hysteria' tour.
The opener for this show was The Point Fives, a rock band based in Southampton.
They had at least two songs released called 'Stabbed' and 'Next Time' that were included on a compilation album called 'City Walls - A Southampton Compilation'.
The venue is also notable for being the venue for the last show Bon Scott played with AC/DC before his death (27th January 1980).
Read more about this tour in thesection.
- 00 - When The Walls Came Tumblin' Down Album Intro
setlist - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 - Medicine Man (unreleased)
- 06 -
- 07 - When The Rain Falls (unreleased)
- 08 -
- 09 - - (With Pete Willis/Steve Clark Guitar Duel)
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 - - (May have been played)
- View -
songs by album / single
- 1980 - - 11
- 1980 - - 1
- 1979 - - 1
- Tour -
- Fan Recorded -
- Venue -
- Venue Address - 22-26 Commercial Road, Southampton SO15 1GE
- English County - Hampshire
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here - n/a
- Capacity - 2,300
- Attendance - n/a
- Total Gross - n/a
- Show Time - 7:30pm
- Tickets - £2.50/£3
- Promoter - M.C.P./Midland Concert Promotions
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Magnum
- Support Act - The Point Fives
- 01 - - Lead Vocals
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
explore def leppard tour history