- Location / Cleveland, OH, USA
- Venue / Cleveland Lakefront Stadium
- Event / The 1980 World Series Of Rock
The first show by the band in this city.
The first time at this venue.
The venue was located in the downtown area of the city on the coat of Lake Erie and was used for baseball and home to the Cleveland Indians Major League Baseball team.
It was opened in July 1931 as Cleveland Stadium but was also known as Municipal Stadium or Lake Front Stadium.
On ticket and posters for this show it was called Cleveland Lakefront Stadium.
The venue was closed in December 1995 and then demolished in November 1996.
The site is now home to the Cleveland Browns football stadium (now FirstEnergy Stadium).
It hosted concerts from at least 1966 to late 1995.
This was the band's first proper outdoor stadium show and the largest audience they had yet played to at this point.
Pictures of the stadium crowd and of Steve Clark wearing an event T-Shirt were featured in the inner sleeve collage photos that came with the UK version of the 'High 'n' Dry' LP (see pic).
Gates for the show opened at 2pm with tickets costing $12.50.
The event was sponsored by WMMS radio and the last of the World Series Of Rock shows running from 1974-1980.
about this show and view photos/review.
- 00 - n/a
setlist - - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 - Medicine Man (unreleased)
- 06 -
- 07 -
- 08 -
- View -
songs by album / single
- 1980 - - 7
- Unreleased - 1
- Tour -
- Bob Seger Tour Name - Against The Wind
- Fan Recorded -
- Venue - No Website
- Venue Address - 1085 West 3rd Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- US State - Ohio
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here - n/a
- Capacity - 50,000
- Attendance - 48,980
- Total Gross - $622,650
- Show Time - 4pm (Def Leppard started early at 3:50pm)
- Doors - n/a
- Tickets - $12.50/$15
- Promoter - WMMS 101 FM Radio & Belkin Productions.
- Headliner - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
- Support Act - J. Geils Band
- Support Act - Eddie Money
- Support Act - Def Leppard - (3:50pm)
- 01 - - Lead Vocals
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
A view looking towards where the stadium used to be (now the site of FirstEnergy Stadium).
explore def leppard tour history