Thursday, 14th June 2012
On This Day in Def Leppard History - 14th June, the following concerts and events took place. Including the UK release of the 'Euphoria' album in 1999. The album reached number 11 in the UK Top 40 album chart.
Also on this day in 2009 the band returned to Donington Park to headline the Download Festival. The first time the band headlined a major festival in the UK. Rick Allen got an emotional ovation after an introduction by Joe, as he had in 1986. Footage from the show (including this moment) was broadcast on UK TV and included on the 'Mirrorball (Live & More)' bonus DVD.
As of 2012, Def Leppard have played seven times on this date. Check out the show pages for setlists/reviews/pics.Def Leppard History - Concerts/Events On This Day
- 14th June 2009 | Download Festival, Donington Park, Derby, ENGLAND -
- 14th June 2008 | Rock Under Broen Festival, Middelfart, DENMARK -
- 14th June 2005 | St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL, USA -
- 14th June 2003 | Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH, USA -
- 14th June 1999 | Album Release - 'Euphoria', UK -
- 14th June 1996 | Sun Palace Hall, Fukuoka, JAPAN -
- 14th June 1981 | Neidersachsenhalle, Hannover, WEST GERMANY -
- 14th June 1980 | Milwaukee Arena, Milwaukee, WI, USA -
Use the previous news links to go back through each day in history to June 2011.
Def Leppard -
Def Leppard -
Previous News -