- Location / Rio De Janeiro/Barra da Tijuca, Brazil
- Venue / Parque Olímpico Cidade do Roc / World Stage
- Event / Rock In Rio
The first show in this city since April 1997 on the Slang world tour.
The band's first time at this festival.
The venue is located in Barra da Tijuca which is 20 miles to South West of the main city.
It was opened in 2010 after being redeveloped abnd renamed as the City Of Rock (Cidade do Roc).
The name translates to Park Of The Atheletes.
The festival was first held in January 1985.
They had been booked and announced for the first Rock In Rio in January 1985 for two shows supporting AC/DC and Queen but pulled out (before Rick's car accident) to continue working on 'Hysteria'.
Aerosmith headlined the fourth day of the festival with Scalene and Fall Out Boy playing before Def Leppard.
14 songs were played in a shorter opening set in front of a crowd of over 100,000 fans.
'Dangerous', 'Foolin'' and 'Rock On' were left out from the regular 17 song setlist played at the first 38 shows of the year.
The show was broadcast in full by Globo TV in Brazil with Phil also being interviewed backstage after the show had ended. View the full performance via the fan videos section.
Read the full - Show Report
- 00 - Let's Go - (PA)
- 01 - Let's Go
- 02 - Animal
- 03 - Let It Go
- 04 - Love Bites
- 05 - Armageddon It
- 06 - Man Enough
- 07 - Rocket (Single Version)
- 08 - Bringin' On The Heartbreak (electric)
- 09 - Switch 625 (Instrumental)
- 10 - Hysteria / David Bowie - Heroes (Tag)
- 11 - Let's Get Rocked
- 12 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Album Version)
- 13 - Rock Of Ages
- 14 - Photograph
songs by album
- 2015 - Def Leppard - 2
- 1992 - Adrenalize - 1
- 1987 - Hysteria - 6
- 1983 - Pyromania - 2
- 1981 - High 'n' Dry - 3
- Tour - Def Leppard Tour 2017
- Fan Recorded - Yes (Video)
- Venue - Website
- Venue Address - Avenue Salvador Allende, 6500, Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Rio de Janeiro RJ, 22780-160
- Brazilian State - Rio de Janeiro
- Area Map - Google
- Last Show Here - 22nd April 1997
- Capacity - 130,000
- Attendance - n/a
- Headliner - Aerosmith
- Support Act - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Fall Out Boy
- Support Act - Scalene
- 01 - Joe Elliott - Lead Vocals
- 02 - Phil Collen - Guitars
- 03 - Vivian Campbell - Guitars
- 04 - Rick Savage - Bass
- 05 - Rick Allen - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
A view looking towards where the festival took place.
get def leppard news
Stay in touch with the latest updates.
explore def leppard tour history