- Location / Nurburg, Germany
- Venue / Nurburgring
- Event / Rock Am Ring Festival / (Rock On The Ring)
The first show by the band in this town.
The first time at this venue and festival.
The venue is located in the South of the town.
Nurburg is a town located 28 miles South of Bonn.
It was opened in 1984 and mainly used for Formula One racing although the original and longer track was opened back in the 1920s.
This festival was first held here in 1995.
55,000 people attended this headline festival performance by Def Leppard. Their first ever in Europe.
'Tear It Down' and 'Women' were both broadcast later on MTV Europe.
Joe also presented a short segment on an MTV show called 'The Coca Cola Report' from backstage which featured all of 'Women' in the second half of the programme and Joe talking to camera with two competition winning fans at his table backstage.
He also picked his choice of video in the first half, playing Aerosmith's 'Livin' On The Edge'.
The band later talked of a backstage incident involving Glen Danzig shoving Vivian's wife out of the way before having his "ass kicked" by Phil and Vivian.
The exact setlist is unconfirmed but with a 90 minute running time they probably cut out the guitar solos and 'White Lighting'/'Gods Of War'.
The usual set length on this tour leg was around 1 hour and 59 minutes.
about this show and view video footage.
- 00 - Dirty Harry/Clint Eastwood Speech/Do You Wanna Get Rocked?
setlist - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 -
- 06 -
- 00 - Phil Collen Guitar Solo - (Probably not played)
- 07 - - (Probably not played)
- 08 -
- 09 -
- 00 - Vivian Campbell Guitar Solo - (Probably not played)
- 10 - - (Probably not played)
- 11 -
- 12 - (Acoustic/Full Song)
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- View -
songs by album
- 1992 - - 6
- 1987 - - 8
- 1983 - - 4
- Tour -
- Tour -
- Staging - At One End
- Fan Recorded -
- Festival -
- Venue -
- Venue Address - 53520 Nürburg, Germany
- German State - Rhineland-Palatinate
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here - n/a
- Capacity - 55,000
- In The Round Show Capacity - n/a
- Attendance - 55,000
- Total Gross - n/a
- Tickets - n/a
- Show Time - n/a
- Promoter - n/a
- Headliner - Def Leppard - (9-10:30pm)
- Support Act - The Black Crowes - (7:30-8:30pm)
- Support Act - Robert Plant - (6-7pm)
- Support Act - Heroes Del Silencio - (4:40-5:40pm)
- Support Act - Danzig - (3:20-4:20pm)
- Support Act - Die Fantastischen Vier - (2:15-3pm)
- Support Act - Ugly Kid Joe - (1:10-1:55pm)
- Support Act - Brings - (12:15-12:55pm)
- Support Act - An Emotional Fish - (11:20-12pm)
- Support Act - The Wonder Stuff - (10:30-11:10am)
- 01 - - Lead Vocals/Acoustic Guitar
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
An aerial view of a more recent festival show. No proper street view is available at this venue.
explore def leppard tour history