- Location / Sheffield, England
- Venue / Sheffield City Hall (Oval Hall)
The first show by the band in this city since February 1983 on the Pyromania tour.
The fourth time at this venue and first of two shows here.
The venue is located in the city centre in Barker's Pool square and just one street away from the site of The Wapentake club and also close to the O2 Academy which the band played in 1980 as the Top Rank.
It was opened in September 1932.
The building is also close to many of the venues the band played in their early days and just over half a mile north of the Spoon Factory where they first rehearsed in 1977-1979.
The building actually contains three venues with the 2,271 capacity Irwin Mitchell Oval Hall being the largest and where the main concerts take place.
The band had some more technical problems at this show.
Rick's snare drum cuts out during the medley in ROA, during the 'Radar Love' section.
Reminiscent of the issues during 'Animal' at the Freddie Mercury Tribute show in April 1992.
The band were interviewed by local TV who showed small clips from the show.
A decent quality audience recording exists from this show.
about this show and read Joe's onstage quotes.
- 00 - Dirty Harry/Clint Eastwood Speech
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 -
- 06 -
- 07 -
- 00 - Steve Clark Guitar Solo
- 08 -
- 09 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 00 - Phil Collen Guitar Solo
- 14 -
- 15 - /
- 00 - Not Fade Away - (By The Rolling Stones)
- 00 - My Generation - (By The Who)
- 00 - Radar Love - (By Golden Earring)
- 00 - Come Together - (By the Beatles)
- 00 - Whole Lotta Love - (By Led Zeppelin)
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- View -
songs by album / single
- 1987 - - 6
- 1987 - - 1
- 1983 - - 8
- 1981 - - 3
- Tour -
- Fan Recorded -
- Venue -
- Venue Address - Barker's Pool, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2JA
- English County - South Yorkshire
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here -
- Capacity - 2,271
- Attendance - 2,271
- Total Gross - n/a
- Ticket Price - n/a
- Doors - n/a
- Show Time - n/a
- Promoter - M.C.P. (Midland Concert Promotions)
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Tesla
- 01 - - Lead Vocals
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
A view inside the venue in the Oval Hall.
explore def leppard tour history